This maple roasted beets and carrots recipe is an easy, colorful, and healthy side dish. Perfect for your holiday table! Only 5 everyday ingredients are needed for this tasty recipe.
I figured I’d make a standard roasted beets recipe better by adding in carrots. I love carrots.
Beets… not so much. I mean they’re ok, but not my favorite. 😉
I made this beets and carrots recipe for Canadian Thanksgiving. I slightly overcooked it, so I took 5 minutes off the recommended cooking time in the recipe below.
They weren’t mush, but I do prefer my veggies to be more tender-crisp than soft.
The family liked this recipe, so that’s good.
I also have a feeling that this would be a great way to trick picky eaters into eating their beets. We’re literally sugar coating them here. 🙂
There really isn’t much to this beets side dish, which is great when you’ve got plenty of things on the go.
Coat the beets and carrots in some olive oil, roast them, take them out of the oven and add some butter and maple syrup, pop them back in the oven for a bit, and you’re done.
Hope you love this oven roasted beets and carrots recipe!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments below!
Maple Roasted Beets and Carrots
This maple roasted beets and carrots recipe is an easy, colorful, and healthy side dish. Perfect for your holiday table!
- 5 large carrots, peeled & sliced
- 4 medium beets, peeled & diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Cut the beets and carrots into pieces that are roughly the same size, and place the pieces on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the beets and carrots and add salt & pepper. Toss until they're coated. Spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, or until they veggies are tender-crisp (this will vary depending how big the pieces are).
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add the butter and maple syrup directly to the baking sheet. Let the butter melt then toss it again until everything is coated.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Courses Side Dish