These maple roasted carrots are an easy and delicious side dish that the whole family will love!
My maple roasted beets and carrots are a big hit on here. You just never know which recipes will take off, and this one certainly has. I decided to do a carrots-only version if you're not the biggest fan of beets.
Carrots are definitely one of my favorite veggies. I just love making them even sweeter with maple syrup or honey. If you like sweet carrot side dishes, you may also like my honey roasted carrots, my slow cooker honey glazed carrots, or my Instant Pot honey butter carrots.
How to make maple roasted carrots
This recipe is pretty straightforward. You just cut up the carrots and toss them with olive oil on a baking sheet. Roast them for 15 minutes, add the maple syrup, and continue cooking them until they've reached your desired tenderness level.
I roast them at a high heat (425F) so they're ready in a jiffy.
You could definitely make this recipe with baby cut carrots too.
I don't normally write much about non-food stuff on my recipes, so feel free to skip down to the recipe if you don't care haha. I hope you're all having a good December so far. It's just blazing right by for me. I'm not someone who always gets into the Xmas/holiday spirit, but I'm trying harder this year to get excited about it. At work we're having this cubicle decoration contest, and I'm teaming up with my favorite coworker to dress our work space up like champs. I'm a super competitive person, so this is going to be fun. 🙂
I'm also seeing the Nutcracker ballet with my sister this weekend. I thought it was an annual tradition for us, but turns out that we haven't been since 2015 (I knew we skipped last year, but I didn't realize we also missed 2016). Time just flies right by. Anyway, sister bonding time and the dance of the sugarplum fairy is always good. 😛
If you don't enjoy this time of year, I totally get it... I don't judge on that.
Will you give these maple glazed carrots a try?
Talk to me in the comments below!
Maple Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled & cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Add the carrots to a baking sheet. Toss them with the olive oil and some salt & pepper. Arrange in a single layer.
- Roast carrots for 15 minutes. You can toss halfway through, but I didn't bother doing this.
- Take carrots out of the oven and add the maple syrup. Toss again and arrange them in a single layer. Roast for another 5-10 minutes or until the carrots are cooked to your liking.
- I bought a 2 lb. bag of carrots where they varied in size. I don't necessarily recommend this since then the carrots cook at different rates. 25 minutes was enough to get the bigger pieces tender-crisp. If you're using smaller carrots, I'd cut the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.