This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Crockpot honey glazed carrots are a super simple and delicious side dish that frees up your stove and requires minimal effort.
I have an Instant Pot honey butter carrots recipe that’s fairly popular, so I figured I’d go ahead and do a slow cooker version as well. Carrots are wonderful things that can be boiled, roasted, or even chucked in the ole Crockpot with some honey and butter to make a tasty little side dish. 😉
I’m all about making holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas (or even just Sunday dinner) easier.
I generally prefer the taste of full-size carrots that you have to peel and cut yourself. They are a bit more work than buying the pre-bagged “baby cut” carrots (did you know they’re not actually baby carrots most of the time – they’re just cut into that “baby” shape?), but the taste payoff is usually worth it. This recipe will still be good if you use a bag of the pre-cut and bagged carrots, though, so I ain’t judging haha.
How to make carrots in the slow cooker (overview):
- Peel & slice your carrots.
- Melt the butter and honey together.
- Add carrots to slow cooker and toss with the honey butter.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or until they’re tender (timing will vary depending on the size of the carrots).
Easy! Full ingredients & instructions are in the recipe card below.
These honey butter carrots will please the pickiest of eaters, and it’s perfect for the vegetarians out there. It’s also great if you were tasked to bring something to a gathering or potluck and you’re not really sure what to bring.
I mean who can get enough of sweet carrots? They’re a crowd pleaser for sure. On that note, this recipe easily doubles. I used 2.5 pounds of carrots.
I hope you’ll give these slow cooker glazed carrots a try! Questions? Let me know in the comments below.
Crockpot Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2.5 pounds carrots peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped optional, for serving
- Prep your carrots. You can use bagged baby-cut carrots instead if you wish.
- Melt the honey and butter together. I just do this in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Place the carrots in the slow cooker and the pour the honey butter mixture over top. You can either add salt & pepper now or wait until they're cooked. Toss them so they're evenly coated.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or until they're tender. I haven't tested this recipe on low heat, but I'd try 6 hours.
- Once the carrots are cooked, toss them again, and serve. You can sprinkle some fresh parsley over top if desired.
- Recipe can be doubled if you have a larger slow cooker (like my 7-qt). I'd double everything.
- Serves 6 or even more depending on how much people eat.
- This is the 7 quart Crockpot I used to make this recipe.
- Want to make these in your electric pressure cooker? Try the Instant Pot version.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.