Instant Pot corn on the cob is a fast and easy method for cooking perfect corn every time! Making this summertime favorite just got simpler.
One of my husband's coworkers mentioned to him that we really should try making corn on the cob in our Instant Pot. I was intrigued enough to try it, and I have to say that it's an excellent way to cook corn. I love corn on the cob. It's one of my favorite summer side dishes!
I cooked 4 cobs of corn at once for this recipe, but you could easily add at least 2 more and keep the cooking time the same (just don't go over the max fill line).
Why cook corn on the cob in the Instant Pot?
- It frees up counter space if you're using the stove for other dishes
- You don't need to heat up your kitchen
- It's fast, easy, and hands-off
- More nutrients are retained cooking the corn this way vs. other methods
How to make corn on the cob in an Instant Pot
Remove the husks and silk from the corn cobs. Place the corn in your Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water (you can use the trivet if you wish - I didn't notice a difference without it). Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes then do a quick release once the countdown has finished.
This electric pressure cooker corn on the cob recipe really couldn't be easier!
Corn on the cob seasoning
I like to add some butter, sea salt, and garlic powder to the hot corn so it melts into total deliciousness. Season it with anything you like, or nothing at all.
Will you give this easy Instant Pot corn recipe a try?
Let me know in the comments below!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Recipe
- 4 cobs of corn
- 1 cup water
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn.
- Add the corn cobs to your Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water. You can sit the corn on the trivet if you wish, but I didn't notice a difference without it.
- Close the lid, make sure the valve is set on "sealing", and set it to cook for 2 minutes on high pressure.
- It'll take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release.
- Serve the corn immediately with desired toppings (I like butter, sea salt and garlic powder).
- Cooking the corn for 2 minutes makes it fairly soft (not mushy!). If you prefer the corn to be on the crisper side, give it 1 minute. Make sure to do a quick release or the corn will continue to soften the longer it's in the enclosed Instant Pot.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.