Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This Mediterranean quinoa salad is fresh, bursting with flavor, healthy, and filling. Perfect for light lunches or meal prep!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 Persian (mini) cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- Generous handful little tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- Handful kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 3.5 ounces cubed feta (I used the kind packed in oil + herbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or more to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, prep the rest of the salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl.
Once quinoa has cooled, add it to the salad bowl.
Add the dressing ingredients (oil, lemon, vinegar, oregano) directly into the salad bowl. Taste and adjust as needed to suit your personal tastes (e.g. add a bit more oil or vinegar). I add a fair bit of salt & pepper to this recipe since the quinoa is not cooked with salt and can be quite bland otherwise.
You can chill the salad first or eat right away. Salad will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1334IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 3mg