This Mediterranean quinoa salad is fresh, bursting with flavor, healthy, and filling. Perfect for light lunches or meal prep!
I have quite a few Mediterranean-inspired recipes on this blog, and I figured it was time for another one with quinoa. The other one is a Mediterranean vegan meal prep recipe.
This Greek quinoa salad is great for making ahead. It'll take you through summer lunches, potlucks, and picnics.
I tested this recipe out on my best friend, and she liked it so much that I sent her home with the leftovers. I love the rich colors in this salad. You're definitely getting your vitamins when you eat the rainbow! 🙂
Quinoa is rich in iron, and it's quite filling without being too heavy. The olives and feta make this salad a meal - you won't go hungry eating this.
Recipe notes & tips:
- You can easily make this easy quinoa salad recipe vegan by omitting the feta.
- You could add some chickpeas in for more protein in addition to/instead of the feta if you wish.
- Feel free to add/sub ingredients as needed... this is a very flexible recipe!
Have you made this Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe? Tag me #saltandlavender on Instagram so I can see your photos!
Questions? Talk to me in the comments below!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 Persian (mini) cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- Generous handful little tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- Handful kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 3.5 ounces cubed feta (I used the kind packed in oil + herbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or more to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the rest of the salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Once quinoa has cooled, add it to the salad bowl.
- Add the dressing right into the bowl. You may need to adjust the lemon juice/vinegar/oil/oregano quantities to suit your personal tastes. I add a fair bit of salt & pepper to this recipe since the quinoa is not cooked with salt and can be quite bland otherwise.
- You can chill the salad first or eat right away. Salad will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.