These vegan meal prep bowls are loaded with quinoa, spinach, carrots, almonds, and a delicious ginger/garlic/soy dressing! Ready in only 30 minutes, and this recipe makes 4 meals.
These vegan meal prep bowls make an excellent light but filling lunch. I took the leftovers to work, and they kept me full until dinner.
I eat this recipe cold like a salad. You could definitely heat it up, though. I really like the way the crunch of the raw carrots and almonds balances the quinoa and cooked spinach.
As you all know by now, I'm not much into spice, but I think sriracha sauce would go really well in here if you like it.
These veggie meal prep bowls really couldn't be easier to make. You cook the quinoa and prep the other ingredients while it's cooking. I wilt the spinach with some olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. I then stir in the rest of the ingredients and the quinoa. Done and done.
There is a whole 5 ounce box of spinach in here, but as you probably know, spinach shrinks right down when you wilt it, so it doesn't show up as well for the photos. It is in there, though. 😛
Will you give these quinoa meal prep bowls a try?
Questions? Let me know in the comments below!
Spinach and Quinoa Vegan Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 (5 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) package French-cut (matchstick) carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice or more, to taste
- Sriracha sauce optional, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients.
- When the quinoa's about done, add the oil, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until it's wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the almonds, carrots, toasted sesame oil, lime juice, sriracha (if using), pepper, and quinoa. Toss until combined. Divide into 4 meal prep containers.
You can check out all of my meal prep recipes if you wish.