This Mediterranean white bean salad recipe is healthy, simple to make, and packed with veggies and a light vinaigrette dressing.
Since there's no lettuce in here, the salad doesn't go soggy, so it keeps for a few days. It's good for making ahead/meal prep/work lunches. It works as a main course when you feel like something fresh or as a side dish. The beans and cheese provide a bit of protein, so this is a filling vegetarian option.
Recipe notes & tips:
- This recipe is very forgiving. Don't like tomatoes? Skip them. Have other veggies in the fridge? Throw them in. Want to use a different kind of beans? Go ahead.
- I used crumbled feta, but you can use whatever you've got/you can find at the store. Ones that are cut into small cubes and packed in oil and herbs are good too.
- You could use lemon juice instead of red wine vinegar (I'd start with half the amount then add more as needed).
Other white bean recipes to try:
Questions about this white bean salad? Let me know in the comments below!
Mediterranean White Bean Salad
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) can white (cannellini) beans drained & rinsed
- 2 mini cucumbers (or 1/2 English cucumber) chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 10 ounces little tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc.) halved
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted & chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a salad bowl and toss. Adjust ingredients as needed (e.g. more oil or vinegar). Serve right away or chill first (flavors will meld more).
- Serves up to 6 as a side, but 2-4 as a main course depending what else you serve it with.
- Every ingredient in this recipe is "to taste" - you can definitely add more/less depending on your preferences!
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.