This tomato chickpea salad is fresh, simple, and comes together fast. Great for a side salad or light lunch!
I love a good easy chickpea salad. Last year I made my kidney bean and chickpea salad, and it's one of my favorite recipes to date.
You can dress chickpeas up with a quick vinaigrette and some herbs and veggies and they just taste so good.
This vegan chickpea salad is perfect for summer, especially when tomatoes are properly in season.
Growing tomatoes this year? Save this recipe for when they're ripe. 🙂
This healthy chickpea salad recipe is also ideal for meal prep/making ahead so you can enjoy it for at least a couple of days after you make it.
I put the capers in this salad as optional because I know not everyone likes them. Personally, I love 'em. I've eaten them since I was a kid.
They add the perfect salty briny taste that makes your tastebuds pucker even more.
The red bell peppers add a bit of sweetness to this chickpea tomato salad, the red onions add a bit of sharpness, and the parsley adds even more freshness.
I could eat this simple chickpea salad all day.
So, will you make this cold chickpea salad? I hope you give it a try!
Tomato Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas drained
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep your salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl as you go along.
- Season the salad generously with salt & pepper.
- Toss and serve immediately or chill first. Will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
- I suggest adjusting dressing ingredients as needed; some may want more olive oil, others more lemon juice etc.
You may also like my Mediterranean chickpea salad recipe.