Spinach and Quinoa Vegan Meal Prep Bowls
These vegan meal prep bowls are loaded with quinoa, spinach, carrots, almonds, and a delicious ginger/garlic/soy dressing!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 (5 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) package French-cut (matchstick) carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice or more, to taste
- Sriracha sauce optional, to taste
- Pepper to taste
Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients.
When the quinoa's about done, add the oil, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for about a minute.
Add the spinach and cook until it's wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
Stir in the almonds, carrots, toasted sesame oil, lime juice, sriracha (if using), pepper, and quinoa. Toss until combined. Divide into 4 meal prep containers.
- Handy trick: the ginger is much easier to grate if it's frozen. I always keep some fresh ginger in the freezer and I use my Microplane grater/zester to easily grate it.
- These are the meal prep bowls pictured. If you prefer rectangular ones, try these.