Creamy Chicken in White Wine Sauce
This creamy white wine chicken is easy enough to make on a weeknight but good enough for company! Ready in only 30 minutes.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
Cut your chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 thinner cutlets. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and garlic powder, then dredge them in flour so they're nicely coated.
Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes/side until golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside (chicken shouldn't be fully cooked yet).
Add the wine and chicken broth to the pan and let it bubble for about a minute. Stir to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add the remaining butter and the Herbs de Provence to the pan, and continue simmering for another 2 minutes.
Add the cream and chicken back into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed.
- I suggest reheating this recipe at a low heat so the sauce doesn't separate.
- I used my trusty 10-1/4" Lodge cast iron skillet to make this recipe.
- Chicken is safe to eat when it has an internal temperature of 165F. Use an instant read thermometer to test for doneness.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 477mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg