Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta
This creamy asparagus pasta is a decadent and delicious meatless pasta recipe made with cream cheese, lemon, asparagus, and garlic. It's ready in only 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or veg broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice + zest of 1/2 lemon
- 8.8 ounces cream cheese (one block Philly) softened
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- For serving: freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley optional
I strongly recommend letting the cream cheese sit on your counter for a bit to warm up prior to starting this recipe - it makes the process go a lot smoother.
Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta. Meanwhile, prep your ingredients. Cut the ends off the asparagus and discard them, and then cut the asparagus up into pieces.
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic in once it's hot and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice + zest, cream cheese, and Italian seasoning to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until the sauce is nice and smooth.
Add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes or until it's tender-crisp and the sauce has thickened to your liking. If the sauce becomes too thick, and some more chicken broth. Season the sauce with salt & pepper as needed.
Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and/or parsley if desired.
- I used fairly thin asparagus. If you buy the really thick kind, you'll have to cook it longer, so adjust timing as necessary.
- I love using my Microplane zester/grater for the lemon zest and the parmesan.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1492IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg