Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
This Instant Pot cabbage soup recipe is packed with hearty beef, a tomato broth, and plenty of veggies. It's very satisfying and full of flavor!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled & diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the oil and onion to your Instant Pot and press the "sauté" button. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and ground beef. Continue sautéing, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned (about 5 minutes). If there's a lot of excess fat, spoon it out (I didn't find it necessary).
Add the remaining ingredients (except for salt & pepper) to your Instant Pot.
Close the lid, make sure the valve is on "sealing", press the "manual" button and set the timer to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. The IP will be quite full, so it'll take about 15 minutes for it to get up to pressure.
Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release.
Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve.
- The soup gets quite close to the max fill line in my 6-quart Instant Pot, so be mindful not to stray too far from listed ingredient quantities (but a little over a pound of ground beef should be fine - you don't need to be exact).
- Inactive time indicates the time it takes the IP to get up to pressure and release pressure.
- Stovetop: Follow steps 1-3 using a regular pot. Bring soup to a boil then simmer with lid slightly ajar for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 995mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3584IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg