This honey chicken recipe has tender, pan-fried chicken coated in a sticky honey and soy sauce glaze. Ready in about 30 minutes!
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into smaller pieces
- 2.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil + more as needed
Cut your chicken into smaller pieces (bite-size or slightly bigger is fine). Add the chicken to a bowl and sprinkle the cornstarch over it. Toss until coated.
Add the soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, and garlic powder to another bowl.
Add the oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan get nice and hot. Cook the chicken until browned on two sides (about 3-5 min/side). I did two batches so as not to over-crowd the pan. You may need to add another tablespoon or so of oil when cooking the second batch. Remove chicken from the pan and set it aside once it's seared. Important note: If the chicken is sticking, wait a little longer and it will release when it's nicely browned. I use tongs to make turning the chicken quick and easy.
Take the skillet off the heat and pour in the sauce from the bowl. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken back in. Reduce the heat to medium and return the pan to the burner.
Let it cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit and the chicken is fully cooked through (I spoon some sauce over top). Serve immediately. It's really good over rice!
- Please read the blog post for more troubleshooting tips!
- This recipe was inspired by my friend Nicky's Honey Garlic Chicken.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 755mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg