Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
This easy Crockpot chicken noodle soup recipe is healthy, comforting, and quick to prepare. The classic soup is a must-have in your winter rotation.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs boneless/skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped
Prep your ingredients.
Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker except for the noodles, salt & pepper, and parsley.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Take the chicken out and cut it up or shred it with two forks. Add the cut-up chicken back in, along with the egg noodles. Cook until the noodles are tender (I put the slow cooker on high), about 15 minutes or so.
Season the soup with salt & pepper as needed (I added a fair bit of salt). Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over top (add about a tablespoon or more... eyeballing it is fine).
- Anything over about a pound, up to around two pounds of chicken will work.
- You may use chicken breasts, but be aware that they're more likely to dry out the longer you cook them.
- This is the 7-quart Crockpot I used for this recipe.
- You can add some freshly squeezed lemon juice at the end if you'd like this to be a lemony chicken soup.
- You may need to add more chicken broth when reheating the soup (the noodles soak up more liquid the longer you leave it). If you plan on freezing the soup, I suggest doing it prior to adding the noodles.
- Other cooking methods: Try the stovetop version or the Instant Pot version of this recipe.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3545IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg