Creamy Chicken Florentine
This Creamy Chicken Florentine recipe has tender pan-fried chicken coated in an amazing garlic spinach white wine cream sauce! Ready in only 30 minutes.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner pieces. Season each side of the chicken with the garlic powder and salt & pepper. Coat the chicken in flour on all sides.
Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side until golden. Take the pan off the heat and remove the chicken to a plate.
Return the pan to the heat and add the rest of the butter and the minced garlic. Let it cook for about 30 seconds or so.
Add the wine, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes or until it's noticeably reduced.
Add in the cream and let it bubble for 2 minutes, then stir in the spinach.
Add the chicken back to the pan and cook, over medium heat, for another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens up a bit. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top of the chicken and sauce prior to serving, and season it with extra salt & pepper if needed.
- If you prefer the spinach to be a bit less wilted/cooked, add it to the skillet during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 604mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2598IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 1mg