Beet and Spinach Salad
This beet and spinach salad recipe has goat's cheese, fresh raw grated beets, pears, and a homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette. It's healthy and will look lovely on your table!
- 2 medium beets peeled & grated
- 2 pears cored & sliced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Make the dressing by combining the dressing ingredients in a drinking glass, small bowl, or jar. Stir/shake well. Give it a taste and adjust ingredients as needed (e.g. add more honey or vinegar).
Peel the beets and cut off the ends. Using a regular box grater, grate them. Prep other salad ingredients and add them to a large bowl. The beets will turn everything pink, so if you don't want that, toss the salad THEN add the cheese and pears on top like I did.
I like to season the salad itself as well as the dressing with salt & pepper, so add some salt & pepper and then toss with the dressing (shake/stir well first). Serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6 as a side salad or makes 2 fairly large portions (more main course-sized).
- "Medium" beets is subjective, so I measured it out and my beets were about 1.5 cups when grated. Anything in that ballpark is fine.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3666IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg