Tomato Spinach White Wine Chicken
This tomato spinach white wine chicken recipe has tender melt-in-your-mouth chicken breasts with a buttery white wine, tomato, and fresh spinach sauce.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup little tomatoes (grape or cherry) cut into halves
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner pieces. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder and salt & pepper (on both sides). Coat each piece in flour.
Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes/side until lightly golden. Transfer chicken to a plate.
Add in the remaining butter and the garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
Stir in the white wine, chicken broth, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Let it bubble for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken back into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the tomatoes soften and release more juice, and the sauce reduces a bit. Be careful not to let the sauce reduce too much (you can always add another splash of wine if this happens, though).
Add in the spinach and basil (I use tongs to lift the chicken up and just tuck it under) and let it wilt for about a minute. Season with extra salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
- I highly recommend using white wine, but if you can't for whatever reason, try adding the equivalent amount of chicken broth and about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. That's my little trick for mimicking the taste of white wine in cooking.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2040IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg