Honey Soy Sauce Glazed Salmon
This honey soy sauce glazed salmon recipe is quick & simple to make with a handful of everyday ingredients. You'll love the addictive savory-sweet sauce!
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
Take the salmon out of the fridge 15-20 minutes prior to starting the recipe if possible. Cut the salmon into 4 equal pieces and pat it dry with paper towel. Season with salt & pepper.
Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, add the sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk it together. Set aside.
Cook the salmon (skin-side down) for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium and flip the salmon over and cook for another 2-3 minutes (should be almost cooked through).
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt, then pour in the sauce (just pour it in between the salmon pieces). Let it bubble/thicken for 30 seconds or so, and then take the pan off the heat (the pan will still be hot and the sauce will continue to thicken, but this avoids burning it). Flip the salmon over & spoon the sauce over it.
Squeeze some lemon juice over the salmon (I just use one wedge of lemon) and then serve immediately. I highly recommend adding the lemon juice to help balance the flavors and ensure it's not too sweet. The salmon skin goes nice and crispy and is delicious when you eat it right away, but feel free to peel it off it you prefer.
- The salmon I used in this recipe was about 1" thick. If your salmon is thicker or thinner, you may need to adjust cooking time a bit.
- It's ok if you've got a bit over a pound of salmon, just make sure it's not too much over or the salmon pieces will be crowded in the pan and not cook properly.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 632mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg