Creamy Pesto Gnocchi
This creamy pesto gnocchi recipe makes a fantastic side dish or meatless main course. It's super easy (made in one pan) and takes only 20 minutes from start to finish!
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the pesto, cream, wine, and garlic to a deep skillet over medium heat.
Once the sauce starts to gently bubble, stir in the gnocchi. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Uncover the pan and give it a good stir. Continue to cook it for a couple more minutes, stirring often (the sauce will thicken quickly as the gnocchi releases more starch).
Once the sauce is thickened to your liking, stir in the parmesan cheese. If the sauce gets too thick at any point, add in another splash of wine or cream. Season with extra salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
- The gnocchi cooks right in the sauce. No need to pre-boil it! The starch released helps thicken the sauce up quickly.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 744mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1295IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 4mg