Creamy Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
This creamy lemon garlic parmesan shrimp recipe comes together in about 20 minutes and has the most amazing cream sauce!
- 1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size) thawed & peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Prep the shrimp (run them under cool water if they're frozen). You can remove the tails if you want. Pat them dry with paper towel.
Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the lemon juice + zest, cream, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and cook for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until they're cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit (be careful not to overcook the shrimp). Reduce the heat a bit if it's bubbling like crazy/thickening too fast.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley, then take the skillet off the heat.
Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- I do NOT recommend subbing the cream for half-and-half or milk because there is a very good chance the lemon juice will curdle the sauce.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 393mg | Sodium: 1146mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1242IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 347mg | Iron: 3mg