This creamy lemon garlic parmesan shrimp recipe comes together in about 20 minutes and has the most amazing cream sauce!
This recipe is based on my popular Easy Creamy Tuscan Shrimp Recipe. It's cooked in a similar way, and it's equally delicious! Lemon, garlic, cream, and parmesan cheese. Hmmm... it sounds like something straight out of the Salt & Lavender playbook. 😉
This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight but tasty enough for company!
What kind of shrimp to use?
I use raw frozen shrimp and thaw them them by running them under cool water in a colander. Shrimp cook fast, so I don't like buying pre-cooked shrimp since double cooking them can turn them rubbery. I used 31-40 count size, but you could use slightly larger or slightly smaller shrimp if you wish.
Recipe notes & tips:
- I strongly recommend using the suggested heavy cream. Something with a lower fat content is likely to get curdled by the citrus in this recipe. If you must sub, try coconut milk, but I can't guarantee results will be as good (and it'll have a slight coconut flavor).
- Feel free to take the tails off the shrimp! I mostly leave them on for photos so there's more contrast.
- As always, I recommend keeping a wedge of parmesan in your fridge and grating it yourself (it tastes and melts much better than the pre-grated kind!). I use this cheese grater.
- I use my Microplane zester/grater to zest the lemon.
Love garlic cream sauces? Try my Creamy Garlic Chicken.
What to serve with creamy lemon garlic parmesan shrimp?
Try mashed potatoes, pasta (or egg noodles), or rice.
More tasty shrimp recipes to try:
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo
- Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
- Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo
Will you give these creamy garlic shrimp a try? Questions? Let me know in the comments below. Tag me #saltandlavender on Instagram if you've made one of my recipes.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size) thawed & peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the shrimp (run them under cool water if they're frozen). You can remove the tails if you want. Pat them dry with paper towel.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the lemon juice + zest, cream, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until they're cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit (be careful not to overcook the shrimp). Reduce the heat a bit if it's bubbling like crazy/thickening too fast.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley, then take the skillet off the heat.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- I do NOT recommend subbing the cream for half-and-half or milk because there is a very good chance the lemon juice will curdle the sauce.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.