Lemon Chicken White Bean Soup
This lemon chicken white bean soup is light, healthy, and flavorful. It has pasta, veggies, beans, and plenty of tender chicken in a tasty lemony broth.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sticks celery chopped small
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled & chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) can white beans drained
- 3/4 cup uncooked macaroni or ditalini pasta
- 2 cups cooked/rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more, to taste)
- 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the oil, celery, onion, and carrots to a soup pot and sauté over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
Slowly pour in the chicken broth while stirring so the flour dissolves.
Add in the Italian seasoning, white beans, and pasta. Turn the heat up to high and let the soup come to a boil.
Give it a stir, and then cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes (stir it a couple of times to ensure the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom of the pot as it cooks).
Add in the chicken, lemon juice (I add 2+ tablespoons since I like it very lemony), and spinach. Cook for another few minutes until it's heated thorough and the spinach has wilted. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Leftovers will soak up the broth, so you may need to add more chicken broth when reheating.
- Sensitive to salt? Use low-sodium chicken broth.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4414IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 4mg