Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
These roasted potatoes and carrots are quick and simple to prepare with everyday ingredients then roasted to perfection!
- 1.5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cut into 1.5" pieces
- 1.5 pounds medium-to-large carrots peeled and cut into 1.5" pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Cut the potatoes and carrots into roughly the same size pieces (doesn't have to be exact, but similar size is good). I don't peel the potatoes, but you can if you prefer.
Add the carrots and potatoes to a prep bowl and toss with the oil, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper (I'm generous with both). Transfer the veggies to the baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer (the less they touch the more crispy they will get).
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until they're soft and browned to your liking. You can toss them halfway thru for more even color, but I don't usually bother. Cooking time will depend on the size they're cut as well and your particular oven and baking sheet, so check after 45-50 minutes, especially if you've got some smaller pieces.
- Serves 4-6 depending on how much people eat/what else you serve the dish with.
- You can use a different variety of potatoes than Yukon Gold. You may want to peel Russets if you use those.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 1270mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 28433IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg