Parmesan Arugula Salad
This easy arugula salad is light, tasty, and comes together in about 10 minutes. It's the perfect side salad for virtually any main course and a fantastic last-minute option!
- 1 (5 ounce) package arugula
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or more, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
I strongly recommend buying a wedge of parmesan cheese for the best flavor vs. buying the pre-grated kind. Either grate it (I use my Microplane to make it light and fluffy) or use a potato/vegetable peeler to shave it.
Add the dressing ingredients (oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard) to a small bowl and whisk together.
Add the arugula to a salad bowl and toss with the dressing and parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust if needed (e.g. add a splash more oil or lemon juice) and season with salt & pepper. This salad wilts quickly, so enjoy it right away. Grate/shave more parmesan on top if you wish.
- Double all ingredients if you need a larger salad. This one serves up to 4 as a side (it's quite light).
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 939IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 1mg