Vegetable Soup with Cabbage
This vegetable soup with cabbage is healthy and delicious. It uses wholesome, simple ingredients and is easy to make and nourishing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 2 cups cabbage chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 Russet potato peeled & chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the oil, onion, celery, and cabbage to a soup pot and sauté for 7-10 minutes (stop when it's starting to lightly brown).
Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, carrots, potato, corn, zucchini, and Italian seasoning. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with the lid slightly open. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes and veggies are tender.
Season with salt & pepper as needed and stir in the spinach.
- This soup is very flexible! You can change up the veggies if you wish depending on what you've got in stock/your taste preferences.
- Serves 4-6 depending on portion size.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1534mg | Potassium: 1146mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 10170IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 3mg