Rainbow Infused Water
Water infused with mint, strawberries, oranges, lemons, blueberries, and cucumber.
Servings 1 pitcher
- 1 handful/small bunch of mint
- 1 orange sliced
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 6 large strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 English cucumber sliced
- Chilled water (see note)
Prepare the fruit and cucumber. Make sure the mint doesn't have any soil left on it (this has happened to me before!). Optional: tear the mint for a stronger flavor and for it to infuse faster.
Add the fruits/veggies/herbs to a pitcher and cover with water. It's best to refrigerate it for a few hours before serving. Top it up with water as needed.
- My pitcher comfortably fits 3 x 500 ml bottles of water (that's 1.5 litres which translates to 1.6 US quarts or 50 fluid ounces). Top up your pitcher with whatever quantity works. I prefer using bottled or filtered water for this recipe.
- Regarding how long this will keep: I prefer to enjoy this on the day I make it as the fruit (especially the strawberries) can start to get a bit past its prime the longer you leave it. If you keep it in the fridge, you can definitely stretch it out to the next day, however. Certain infusions will last longer than others... it's a good idea to test and see what you're comfortable with. If you make smaller batches in enclosed containers, it'll keep for a few more days (but it's a good idea to remove the fruit after a day or two). Add a whole lemon if you prefer the water a little more tart.