The Best Leftover Chicken Sandwich
The best sandwich for leftover chicken!
Servings 2 sandwiches
- Leftover chicken to taste
- Arugula to taste
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 4 slices bread
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 large leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Prepare the mayo by chopping the herbs and shallot and combining all the herb mayo ingredients together thoroughly (I just used a spoon). You can eat it right away or chill for an hour so the flavors blend more.
Toast bread if desired. Assemble the sandwich with the herb mayo, chicken, tomato, avocado, and arugula. Cut in half diagonally and enjoy!