This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The best leftover chicken sandwich is so tasty because of its amazingly delicious herb mayo, the creamy avocado, the peppery arugula, and ripe tomato.
I thoroughly enjoyed this sandwich, and I’m not even a big sandwich person. It was even better than the freshly roasted chicken, and that is saying something.
You can of course use whatever veggies you want, but I felt like the ones I chose for this sandwich were the perfect combination of soft and crunchy as well as flavor.
And the dressing… it’s the most fabulous mayo. You don’t even need to dirty up your food processor for this one. It’s tangy and smooth and sharp in all the right places.
Since the chicken is already cooked, it’s ok if you’re impatient. It’ll only take you a few minutes to make and devour this sandwich.
Will you try the best leftover chicken sandwich?
What are your favorite ways to make leftover chicken less boring?
The Best Leftover Chicken Sandwich
- Leftover chicken to taste
- Arugula to taste
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 4 slices bread
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 large leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare the mayo by chopping the herbs and shallot and combining all the herb mayo ingredients together thoroughly (I just used a spoon). You can eat it right away or chill for an hour so the flavors blend more.
- Toast bread if desired. Assemble the sandwich with the herb mayo, chicken, tomato, avocado, and arugula. Cut in half diagonally and enjoy!
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.