These low-carb Asian chicken lettuce wraps are a great way to use up leftover chicken and are really fast and easy to make. The tangy-sweet sauce has only four ingredients! Ready in 15 minutes.
These leftover chicken lettuce wraps make a great appetizer or a light lunch. As I write this, it's raining and dreary outside. I roasted a chicken yesterday and just fancied making something summery and fresh with the leftovers.
The dressing is fabulously garlicky and really addictive! The rice vinegar nicely balances the sweetness of the hoisin sauce. It's super easy to throw together, and you'll want to put it on everything.
What's in these easy chicken lettuce wraps?
- Cooked chicken
- Julienned carrots
- Green onions
- Tangy Asian dressing
You could definitely swap in whatever vegetables you have on hand or omit any that you don't like. Lettuce wraps are one of those great clean-out-the-fridge kinda recipes. 🙂
What kind of lettuce do you use for lettuce wraps?
My favorite is butter leaf (Boston or Bibb) lettuce.
Will you make this chicken lettuce wraps recipe? Hope you enjoy them!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (or more, to taste)
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- Spring onions/scallions (green parts) to taste
- Cucumber chopped, to taste
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare the dressing by mixing mayo, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare spring onions, cucumber, and carrot by chopping into desired size pieces. I julienned the carrot.
- Carefully remove leaves from lettuce one by one, choosing ones that are shaped well for holding the wrap contents.
- Assemble wraps by adding chicken, spring onions, cucumber, and carrot to each lettuce leaf. Drizzle dressing over them. Add salt & pepper if desired and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
- If I'm making this for lunch just for me, I halve the recipe.
- Great for an appetizer or light meal.
- The number of wraps you make really depends how much you stuff in them.