These ground chicken lettuce wraps are easy, delicious, and ready in only 15 minutes! They make the perfect low-carb light meal or appetizer.
I don't cook with ground chicken breast often, but I am always happy with the results when I do. It's inexpensive, cooks fast, and it's something slightly different so adds a little variety to my dinners. Heck, you could even make these with ground turkey if you prefer.
I had some sweet chili sauce in my fridge and decided to make these chicken lettuce cups using it as the primary flavor ingredient. Turns out it makes an amazing lettuce wrap sauce!
There's not much to these low-carb chicken lettuce wraps... just the sweet chili sauce, some garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and a little lime juice. I like to toss some scallions on top for garnish.
These simple chicken lettuce wraps come together quickly and taste delicious.
Love easy ground chicken recipes? Try my ground chicken burgers.
The chicken is nice and tender, and the butter leaf lettuce if light and fresh and adds a little bit of crunch. Writing this post up is making me want to eat these again.
I admit ground chicken isn't the prettiest food, but it does the job and is fairly filling and low on calories.
Hope you love these ground chicken lettuce wraps!
Questions? Ask me in the comments below!
Sweet Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 5 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Red pepper flakes (optional) to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Scallions (green parts) chopped, to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce (you probably won't use it all)
- Add the olive oil and ground chicken to a skillet and stir until coated. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until it's no longer pink. Use a cooking spoon to break it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Stir in the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional few minutes, stirring often, or until the chicken is cooked through, taking care not to overcook it.
- Season with pepper if needed.
- Evenly distribute the chicken among the lettuce cups. Garnish with the scallions and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy immediately.
- Serves 2 as a light meal or 4+ as an appetizer.
- You could also swap in ground turkey if you prefer.