Tex Mex Rice Bowls with Avocado Lime Cilantro Dressing
Vegetarian Tex Mex rice bowls, ready in 30 minutes!
For the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful cilantro
- Olive oil (optional)
- Salt & pepper
For the bowls:
- 3/4 cup rice
- Grape tomatoes cut into halves
- Canned black beans drained
- Canned corn drained
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded (grated)
- Tex Mex seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
Make dressing by adding dressing ingredients except for olive oil to a food processor and blending on high until smooth. You may need to stop to scrape down the sides half way through. I like to drizzle in a little bit of olive oil (while blending on high) for consistency. This step is optional.
Once dressing is done, put it into a container with a lid and refrigerate until needed.
Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, prepare the veggies.
Once rice is cooked, sprinkle it with Tex Mex seasoning. Assemble the bowls by adding the rice first, followed by the vegetables. Spoon or drizzle dressing on top. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- I don't put quantities for all the vegetables because it's really up to you how much you serve. I always have leftover corn and beans if I'm only serving two people. One can of each would easily feed four. The dressing is easily doubled if you're feeding more.
- You can use any kind of rice or even quinoa if you wish.