Tex Mex rice bowls with avocado lime cilantro dressing - these colorful vegetarian rice bowls are healthy, delicious, and quick to assemble.
There's a lunch place near my office that makes rice bowls similar to this one. The only problem is that they charge the best part of $10, give you fewer vegetables, and put a ranch dressing on it that you know they didn't make themselves.
My version of the bowl is cheaper and tastes better. There you go.
You can of course customize this dish to your liking if you can't stand corn or something.
I think this bowl would be great with chicken or shrimp.
Tools used to make this dish:
KitchenAid 7-cup food processor
Tex Mex Rice Bowls with Avocado Lime Cilantro Dressing
For the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful cilantro
- Olive oil (optional)
- Salt & pepper
For the bowls:
- 3/4 cup rice
- Grape tomatoes cut into halves
- Canned black beans drained
- Canned corn drained
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded (grated)
- Tex Mex seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make dressing by adding dressing ingredients except for olive oil to a food processor and blending on high until smooth. You may need to stop to scrape down the sides half way through. I like to drizzle in a little bit of olive oil (while blending on high) for consistency. This step is optional.
- Once dressing is done, put it into a container with a lid and refrigerate until needed.
- Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, prepare the veggies.
- Once rice is cooked, sprinkle it with Tex Mex seasoning. Assemble the bowls by adding the rice first, followed by the vegetables. Spoon or drizzle dressing on top. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- I don't put quantities for all the vegetables because it's really up to you how much you serve. I always have leftover corn and beans if I'm only serving two people. One can of each would easily feed four. The dressing is easily doubled if you're feeding more.
- You can use any kind of rice or even quinoa if you wish.
Rainbow on the plate ❤ Love it! 🙂
Thanks Simona ?
These look really delicious, Natasha! Love dishes like this...quick to make & super healthy, too 🙂 !
Kathleen | Hapa Nom Nom says
Homemade is always best! I love the gorgeous colors in this dish and how it's perfectly customizable. Beautiful photos too!
Thank you Kathleen!! ?
nicole (thespicetrain.com) says
This rice bowl looks great, so delicious and so beautiful too. Love all the gorgeous colors! 🙂
Thank you Nicole!!
Tania @ COOKTORIA says
What a colorful and yummy bowl!! The avocado dressing sounds divine! Great recipe to start the week!
Thank you ??