Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is easy to make, healthy, flavorful, and comforting. Like a hug in a bowl. Instant Pot to the rescue!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs boneless/skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped
Add the butter and oil to your Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes.
Add all the remaining ingredients to your Instant Pot except for the noodles, salt & pepper, and parsley.
Close the lid and set the valve to "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (press the "manual" button and set the timer for 10 minutes). It'll take about 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
Take the chicken out and shred it with 2 forks. Meanwhile, press the sauté button again and add the noodles to the Instant Pot. Let them cook until softened, and add the chicken back in once it's shredded.
Season the soup with salt & pepper as needed (I added a fair bit of salt). Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over top.
- Anything over about a pound of chicken will work - you don't have to be exact.
- If you want to use boneless/skinless chicken breasts, I suggest reducing the cook time to 8 minutes.
- This is the 6-qt. Instant Pot I used to make this recipe.
- Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice at the end if you'd like this to be a lemon chicken soup.
- You may need to add more chicken broth when reheating the soup (the noodles soak up more liquid the longer you leave it). If you plan on freezing the soup, I suggest doing it prior to adding the noodles.
- Other methods: check out the stovetop version or the Crockpot version of the recipe.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 361.91kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.49g | Protein: 21.46g | Fat: 24.05g | Saturated Fat: 6.82g | Cholesterol: 126.79mg | Sodium: 709.89mg | Potassium: 515.21mg | Fiber: 1.58g | Sugar: 2.24g | Vitamin A: 3603.51IU | Vitamin C: 14.25mg | Calcium: 46.14mg | Iron: 1.47mg