These candied cashews are addictive! They make the perfect homemade gift or topping for a salad. The best part? Only 3 ingredients are needed and they’re ready in 15 minutes.
These caramelized cashews are really tasty. Dangerously so. I only made a fairly small quantity, but the recipe easy doubles, triples, etc. The recipe is written for 1 cup of nuts. I used a pretty small saucepan to make these. Just use a skillet or larger pan if you are doubling/tripling/etc. the recipe.
This recipe is pretty foolproof as long as you watch the nuts closely. At first it won’t seem like they’re really doing anything, but it’s important to keep stirring them.
You will see the sugar begin to melt after a few minutes. It then melts at a faster rate, and you need to keep stirring to ensure they won’t burn.
Once the sugar is totally melted and the nuts are coated, they’re done! This process takes about 10-15 minutes total. Possibly a little longer if you’re doing more nuts.
I used cashews for this recipe, but it would also work with most nuts. Go nuts! (See what I did there?).
Hope you love these candied cashews!
Easy Candied Cashews
Yield 1 cup
These candied cashews are addictive! They make the perfect homemade gift or topping for a salad. The best part? Only 3 ingredients are needed and they're ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Add the butter to a small saucepan over medium heat and let it melt.
- Add the sugar and cashews.
- Stir the mixture frequently (it burns easily so watch it closely) until the sugar melts and caramelizes over the nuts. Once all the sugar has melted and coated the nuts, they're done.
- Spread them onto a plate or piece of parchment paper so they don't all stick together. Some will clump together, which is fine.
- Allow them to cool then store them in a sealed container.
Recipe easily doubles, triples, etc.