These 15 minute garlic lime cashew zoodles are a super easy and healthy vegan meal option. This is a snap to make, and the sauce is addictive!
This recipe ended up being a bit of a spur of the moment thing, but it all worked out. I originally envisioned this to be a cold salad, but I realized that making the dressing would be easier if I heated it up, and then it morphed into a warm meal. So glad I went this route.
These garlic lime cashew zoodles are surprisingly filling. I only managed to eat half the bowl pictured, and it’s not even a huge bowl. The cashews as well as the peanut butter in the sauce provide plenty of substance. I had this as an entree, but I also think it would work as a side dish.
I spiralized the carrot on the thinnest setting, so it cooks really fast. The zucchini is spiralized on the medium setting and the zoodles are nicely “al dente” when cooking is done.
The easiest way to cook this is by continuously tossing everything in the pan with tongs (or use two spoons) so the zucchini doesn’t overcook and everything gets heated through nice and evenly. You only cook the zoodles for about 4-5 minutes, so this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights!
The sauce is a combination of garlic, sriracha, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and peanut butter. As the zucchini noodles release water, it becomes more liquid, coating everything with fantastic flavor.
A sprinkle of cilantro at the end is all that’s needed to complete this super easy meal.
Did you know that in the UK they refer to zoodles as “courgetti”? I found that out the other day, and I like it! They refer to zucchini as “courgettes”, and of course it’s a play on “spaghetti”. Clever.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one! 🙂
This is the spiralizer I used for this recipe.
If you’re into quick spiralizer recipes, you may also like my 15 minute garlic shrimp zoodles recipe.
15 Minute Garlic Lime Cashew Zoodles
These 15 minute garlic lime cashew zoodles are a super easy and healthy vegan meal option.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spiralize the carrots on the thinnest setting, and spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting. Set aside.
- Add the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic to a skillet on medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, cook it for about 2 minutes or until the garlic has just started to cook.
- Add the cashews, zucchini, and carrots. Using tongs or two large spoons, gently toss/lift up the pan contents every 10-20 seconds or so for about 4-5 minutes until everything is lightly cooked and heated through. The zucchini will release some liquid, which will help to make a nice sauce. When it's almost ready, add the cilantro in and toss. Serve immediately.
The zucchini I bought from the grocery store were fairly skinny and around 6-8 inches long. Keep in mind that home-grown zucchini is typically a lot larger.Be careful not to overcook this dish, or it'll end up a watery mess.
Courses Vegan Entree
Made one of my recipes? Tag me on IG @saltandlavender and hashtag #saltandlavender so I can see it 🙂
All images and content are © Salt & Lavender.