This baby potato salad recipe is fresh and summery and makes a perfect side dish for a BBQ or picnic. It's loaded with tasty herbs!
This baby potato salad recipe comes together quickly and with minimal work. Half the cook time involves patiently waiting for the potatoes to cool.
I love baby potatoes - they're really easy to deal with - you don't need to worry about peeling them and they cook fast.
This potato salad does have a mayo-based dressing, but the herbs keep it tasting really nice and fresh. It's definitely not cloying and heavy like some potato salad dressings are.
If you've got mint and chives in your garden, this recipe is the perfect way to use 'em up!
I hope you will give this easy baby potato salad recipe a try!
Questions? Let me know!
Baby Potato Salad
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes (leave skins on)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 20 mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped (optional)
- Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes, until cooked.
- Chop mint and chives.
- Combine mayo, mustard, vinegar, garlic, mint, and chives. Refrigerate mixture.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain them and cut them in half. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cool, season them with salt & pepper and toss with mayo mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately or store potato salad in the fridge until ready to eat.
Leave a Reply