This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This bacon caprese sandwich is an Italian take on the classic BLT. Fresh mozzarella, basil, juicy tomatoes, and plenty of crispy bacon make this sandwich a winner!
I’m all for easy sandwiches. There is nothing fancy about this one, but you won’t be missing fancy with these ingredients. This sandwich is perfect for a casual summer lunch or even for a picnic. Do people actually do picnics anymore? My sister and I try to do one each year, but we missed last year’s.
We need to make this year’s picnic happen. I won’t be making these since she’s a vegetarian, but I digress.
This bacon caprese sandwich can be made on any type of bread you choose… just pick whatever looks good at the grocery store. The fresher the better for the basil and tomato.
You could play around with this a bit. I added mayo to give the sandwich a bit more moisture, but you could drizzle on some olive oil if you really want to stick with the classic recipe. I’ve seen some caprese salads include a balsamic drizzle… you could do that too.
I’m all for jazzing up mayo as well, so you could add some minced garlic or a bit of lemon juice to boost the flavor even more.
What’s your favorite summer sandwich?
Bacon Caprese Sandwich
- Bacon to taste
- Tomato sliced, to taste
- Fresh mozzarella sliced, to taste
- Basil to taste (I'd use 2 leaves for a small sandwich)
- Mayo to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness.
- Meanwhile, slice your tomato and mozzarella.
- Slide bread and add mayo, tomato slices, mozzarella slices, basil, bacon, and salt & pepper.
- I put most of the ingredients as "to taste", because it really depends on the size of your sandwich/type of bread you use. Aaaand how much you love bacon 😉
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.