This baked salmon with lemon shallot butter sauce is quick, simple, and great for a weeknight dinner. Ready in only 20 minutes!
This is one of my favorite ways to make salmon. Fast and easy, minimal clean-up, and it tastes fancier than it is.
The salmon is baked while the shallot butter is prepared on the stove. You can't get much easier than this. 🙂
I love to squeeze a little more fresh lemon juice over top of the fish prior to serving. Delicious!
I hope you will give this lemon shallot butter salmon recipe a go!
Questions? Feel free to ask.
Baked Salmon with Lemon Shallot Butter Sauce
- 2 pieces of salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Place salmon on foil-lined baking sheet (makes for easy clean-up!).
- Coat salmon in olive oil. Add a few dashes of lemon pepper and salt, evenly distributing over fish. Place fish in oven.
- Chop/mince garlic and chop shallot finely and place in small pan.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter to the pan. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes, to soften shallots. Reduce heat and keep warm until fish is done.
- When fish is cooked, transfer to plates and pour the shallot butter over it.
- If you're worried about timing for cooking the fish, err on the side of caution. You can always put it back in the oven if it's underdone, but you can't fix overdone. It's done when it flakes easily with a fork. I usually check it after about 10 minutes or 15 minutes if it's a bit thicker.
- A green salad goes well with this recipe, as does jasmine rice.
You may also like my baked teriyaki salmon recipe or my baked salmon with cucumber salsa.
Love this recipe! Super easy and delicious!
I'm so happy you enjoyed it!! 🙂
This was delicious and very easy!
Excellent. Thank you!!