This balsamic parmesan roasted broccolini recipe has the delicious flavors of parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook.
I've always liked broccolini. I prefer the thinner stalks and smaller florets.
It's just less unwieldy. Sorry, broccoli.
This broccolini side dish definitely makes that broccoli flavor more pleasing.
The amount of parmesan in here isn't over the top... like you can still taste the vegetable, and it's not like we're drowning it in Cheez Whiz here.
I can't argue that broccoli is made much better by the addition of a little cheese, however. 😀
Cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and 15 minutes are all you need to make this relatively healthy side dish.
The vinegar sweetens up as it cooks, so you're left with a lovely mellow flavor.
I didn't line the baking sheet for the photos, and I regret it. Please line your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper so you don't come back yelling at me for making you spend more time scrubbing dishes than making this. 😉
I roasted the broccolini for 15 minutes, and it was tender-crisp. I'd check it after 15 minutes, and pop it back in the oven if you want it to be a little softer.
Will you make this roasted broccolini recipe?
Questions? Let me know!
Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Broccolini Recipe
- 12 ounces broccolini
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- If needed, trim the dry ends off the broccolini. Arrange the broccolini in a single layer on your baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the broccolini. Sprinkle on some salt & pepper. Using your hands, gently toss it/ensure it's coated. Sprinkle the parmesan over top.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until it's tender-crisp. Serve immediately.
- If your oven runs hot, you may want to give it less than 15 minutes.
You may also like my balsamic parmesan zucchini recipe.