This BLT with a garlic and sun-dried tomato mayo isn't your average BLT!
Who doesn't love BLTs (vegetarians, don't answer this)? I had one of the best BLTs of my life in Paris. Not Paris, France... but the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. That's how I high roll. Their BLT was so good because it had garlic and sun-dried tomatoes so I had to replicate it myself.
The BLT itself is pretty standard - I like to use a fairly thick-cut bacon and fry it until it's nice and crispy. On the vine tomatoes and butter leaf lettuce finish off the fresh vegetables. The mayo is really easy to make... I just mix in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and a clove of crushed garlic.
The bread pictured is just a sandwich roll I picked up from Safeway since all the bakeries are closed today (it's currently Thanksgiving Monday here in Canada as I write this), but it all worked out fine.
If you want to kick your BLT up a notch, this is how.
Hope you will give this awesome BLT a try!
BLT with a Garlic and Sun-dried Tomato Mayo
BLT made better.
- 8-10 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes
- 4-6 leaves butter leaf lettuce
- 2 sandwich rolls (or your choice of bread)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the bacon on medium heat until crispy, flipping occasionally. You can prep the other steps while the bacon is cooking.
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces. Crush or mince a clove of garlic. Add to mayo. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and tear lettuce into desired size for sandwiches.
- Spread mayo on rolls. Add lettuce and then tomato and top with bacon once it's cooked. Add salt and pepper if desired.