Make your breakfast better with this healthy and refreshing cantaloupe and banana smoothie bowl!
I love the texture of this smoothie. The frozen fruit makes it super smooth. I won't go so far as to say that it's like eating ice cream, but it's close. It's like a nice sorbet really.
I don't have an exact quantity for the almond milk because I just put enough in to get the blender going. You don't want to add too much or the smoothie will end up too thin, so just add a few splashes until everything gets moving.
I don't think smoothies are the type of thing that should to be super precise, anyway. Like who wants to stare at a recipe and dirty measuring cups when you're all bleary-eyed and just want some food before you start the day??
Smoothie bowls are also very forgiving when it comes to adding toppings. I topped mine with granola and dried goji berries. I also whipped out my melon baller because let's get real... this is the first occasion I actually used it. You are under no obligation to put melon balls in this smoothie bowl 😉
I hope you will love this melon smoothie bowl!
If you enjoy smoothie bowls, I had a recipe published in the Beautiful Smoothie Bowls book by Carissa Bonham. 🙂
Cantaloupe and Banana Smoothie Bowl
A simple cantaloupe and banana smoothie bowl.
- 1 banana previously frozen
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon previously frozen
- 1 tsp flaxseeds (I used roasted ones)
- Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup granola (I used a honey almond variety) or to taste
- Dried goji berries to taste
- Slice up a banana and half a cantaloupe melon. I suggest cutting the melon into smallish pieces so it'll be easier to blend (I used bigger chunks and it took a while to get it all blended). Freeze in an airtight container for at least two hours, or overnight.
- Add the banana, melon, flaxseeds, and a splash of almond milk to the blender. You may need to add more almond milk to get the blender going.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with granola and goji berries (and/or other toppings you have on hand). Serve immediately.