Carrots with herbed yogurt - a healthy, elegant and easy appetizer with garlic, fresh chives, lemon zest, and mint.
I just love fresh herbs, especially in the middle of winter. They really brighten up any dish and perk up your tastebuds. The lemon and mint are very refreshing and pair well with the yogurt.
I sprinkled some coarse sea salt on top of the carrots and it finished the dish off perfectly!
Well, it's December 24! My mom is Czech, and we have always celebrated Christmas tonight rather than tomorrow. Back when I was little, my friends all thought it was so odd, but I always enjoyed being a little different to everyone else. My husband is English so Christmas morning is his thing. We compromise.
For Xmas Eve, we go to my mom's and do dinner and most of the presents there, and the following morning we do the rest of the presents at our house, just the two of us (and our cat). It's nice extending the Xmas festivities, I have to say. We don't do presents too early since I am reallllly not a morning person, even on Christmas morning!!
To anyone who is reading this and celebrates Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope you have some relaxing time off work and spend it with those you care about 🙂 Blog posts will resume on Monday.
Questions about this recipe? Let me know!
Carrots with Herbed Yogurt
- 1 pound baby cut carrots
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil carrots until cooked as desired.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic and stir it into the yogurt.
- Chop the chives and mint finely.
- Once the carrots are done, drain and add a little bit of butter to the pot and mix. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Place a few dollops of yogurt in the middle of your appetizer plates. Sprinkle the yogurt with the chives and mint. Grate the lemon zest over the yogurt. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange carrots on top of the yogurt. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6.