This healthy chicken sausage pasta with spinach, lemon, and green beans is healthy, full of flavor, and filling! Ready in less than 30 minutes.
I don't know about you, but I need food to actually taste good. It's probably obvious by now, but I'm totally not one of those "food is fuel" type people. I believe in eating healthy most of the time, but I need my healthy food to taste better than cardboard.
Sure, you could probably come up with a dish that's healthier than this one, but that probably wouldn't be much fun either. 🙂
If you still want your pasta and a bit of meat but you don't want to spoil your new year's resolution, this dish is for you.
The spinach and green beans are packed with vitamins. The lemon, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic give it a pop of flavor. If you want a bit of spice, add some red pepper flakes. And chicken sausage is a lot healthier than some alternatives out there.
It doesn't take long at all to throw this dish together, and you can feel pretty good doing it.
I hope you enjoy this healthy chicken sausage pasta!
Healthy Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces chicken sausage* cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces fresh green beans cut into bite-sizes pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained (or 1 cup fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook pasta (I used spaghetti) according to package directions.
- Warm the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat then add the sausage and brown for 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the spinach and beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper if desired. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water to the skillet prior to draining the pasta. Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately.