This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This healthy chicken sausage pasta with spinach, lemon, and green beans is healthy, full of flavor, and filling! Ready in less than 30 minutes.
I don’t know about you, but I need food to actually taste good. It’s probably obvious by now, but I’m totally not one of those “food is fuel” type people. I believe in eating healthy most of the time, but I need my healthy food to taste better than cardboard.
Sure, you could probably come up with a dish that’s healthier than this one, but that probably wouldn’t be much fun either. 🙂
If you still want your pasta and a bit of meat but you don’t want to spoil your new year’s resolution, this dish is for you.
The spinach and green beans are packed with vitamins. The lemon, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic give it a pop of flavor. If you want a bit of spice, add some red pepper flakes. And chicken sausage is a lot healthier than some alternatives out there.
It doesn’t take long at all to throw this dish together, and you can feel pretty good doing it.
I hope you enjoy this healthy chicken sausage pasta!
Healthy Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces chicken sausage* cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces fresh green beans cut into bite-sizes pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained (or 1 cup fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook pasta (I used spaghetti) according to package directions.
- Warm the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat then add the sausage and brown for 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the spinach and beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper if desired. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water to the skillet prior to draining the pasta. Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.