This creamy lemon salad dressing is tangy, smooth, and perfect on summer salads. Whip up a batch in 5 minutes!
If you're looking for a creamy salad dressing without mayonnaise, you're in luck! This dressing is actually quite light despite the cream. It's perfect for lunch on a bed of butter leaf lettuce.
I'm not sure why, but it feels weird to me to be basing a salad dressing on whipping cream. Maybe because I usually make sauces with it?? In any case, it works. I think this recipe ended up in my family through my aunt's friend.
My sister and I would fight about this (we fight about anything really) when we were younger - she would always make it insanely sour, while I preferred it to be not quite as tangy. Obviously my version of the recipe is better (it's posted below).
How to make salad dressing with whipping cream
Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together - that's it!
Give it a try, and I hope you like this creamy lemon dressing recipe too.
Will you give this easy lemon salad dressing a try?
Let me know!
Creamy Lemon Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper (generous)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Small squeeze of juice from 1/2 lemon
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Adjust quantities as needed (e.g. if you want it to be more tangy or sweet).
- Drizzle over salad liberally. Will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for a day or two (shake before using).
Enjoy creamy homemade salad dressings? Try my easy homemade ranch dressing.
Leave a Reply