These tender Crockpot cranberry and orange meatballs are easy to make, sweet, and comforting.
Sometimes it’s nice to dust off the slow cooker. I like simple recipes and I love the aroma that fills my kitchen as these meatballs cook.
These pork meatballs are tender and flavorful, and the sauce is sweet with a little bit of sour.
The meatballs and sauce go well with jasmine rice, and spring onions sliced on top complete the dish.
This recipe makes about 35 meatballs and a generous amount of sauce, so there are plenty of leftovers to be had. Work lunches solved for the week!
Will you make these easy Crockpot cranberry meatballs?
Crockpot Cranberry and Orange Meatballs
Sweet and sour cranberry and orange meatballs in the slow cooker.
For the Meatballs:
- 2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1 (11.8 fluid ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce (I used Ocean Spray)
- 1 (8.5 fluid ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauceServe with:
- Jasmine rice
- Spring onions chopped
- In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients, mixing gently with your hands and forming 1.5 inch balls (recipe should make 30-40). Set aside.
- Add sauce ingredients into your slow cooker. Stir until mostly combined (it's ok if the cranberry jelly doesn't completely break up, it will once it cooks). Set on low heat.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker. I find it works best to add a few at a time, and carefully mixing with the sauce as you go along so meatballs are coated.
- Close lid and let cook for 5.5-6 hours on low or until meatballs are cooked through. I stir it periodically, but it's not necessary (i.e. if you're not home).
- Serve with rice and chopped spring onions.