This easy shredded carrot salad recipe comes together fast and makes a tasty side dish!
The dressing in this grated carrot salad recipe is creamy, but the salad itself is quite light. If you want a really creamy carrot salad, you could double the dressing, but I think the more subtle flavor works here. The rice vinegar nicely balances the sweetness of the carrots without being overpowering.
The pumpkin seeds add extra crunch to an already crunchy vegetable. I don't know if that's poetic or I am just horrible at describing food. It tastes good, ok?? 😛
You could shred the carrots in a food processor, but I like doing things the hard way... so I used a grater.
I bought way more carrots than I needed, and realized after shredding the third large one that I really didn't need to grate any more. Thank God. I somehow managed to avoid cutting myself on the grater. Of course, my husband did cut himself when he was washing it.
I hope you'll give this easy shredded carrot salad a try!
Shredded Carrot Salad with Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by combining mayo, sour cream, garlic, and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Chop pumpkin seeds into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Peel (I just use a potato peeler) the carrots and then use a grater or food processor to shred them. In a bowl, mix the shredded carrots, dressing, and pumpkin seeds. Add salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
- I used salted pumpkin seeds, unsalted work too.
- Serves 4 as a side dish.
Tania @ COOKTORIA says
I just had this salad for dinner, Natasha! ☺
I love how simple and tasty it is! 5 stars!
Aw I'm so glad you made it! 🙂
Yum! Can't wait to try pumpkin seeds in this. I like the lighter, more subtle flavour, no need to double the dressing for me 🙂
It is really good. The day I made it I ate the whole thing myself haha.
Way to go. You could have offered me some.