This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These cranberry cookies with white chocolate are deliciously soft and chewy. Using cake mix makes these cookies super easy!
These make the best Christmas cranberry cookies. When you’re rushing around buying presents and heading to one Christmas party after another, shortcuts are your friend.
…And in comes the cake mix cookie to save the day!
I have to say that by the time the holidays roll around, I seriously lack motivation to make things entirely from scratch. As an introvert, socializing is bad enough, the weather is cold too, but adding baking to the repertoire gives me a serious case of NOPE. I AIN’T DOING DAT. I’m all about the savory recipes, folks.
Or, do you need something delicious for your Christmas cookie exchange that won’t take hours of effort? Well, I recommend these dried cranberry cookies.
I hope I’ve convinced you by now that cake mix cookies are awesome.
How to make Christmas cake mix cookies
Add the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix until combined. Add in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
Roll into balls and bake at 350F until set (11-13 minutes for 2″ balls).
Pro tip: They will be very soft coming out of the oven. Let them set for a minute or two on the baking sheet and then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. Yes, they will be floppy, but that is A-OK.
They will get less floppy as they cool.
Store them in a sealed container for best results.
These festive cranberry cake mix cookies are definitely on the sweeter side, so keep that in mind.
Anyone with a super sweet tooth is sure to love ’em!
These soft white chocolate cranberry cookies are definitely a holiday time-saver.
I will say that you don’t need to restrict eating these to a holiday – they’re good year-round. 😉
I hope these are the easiest and the best white chocolate and cranberry cookies you’ve ever made! 🙂
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve made these!
What’s your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
Easy Cranberry Cookies with White Chocolate
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (e.g. canola)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Add the yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, and two eggs to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, mix until combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. You can mix them in using the mixer on low speed or just stir them in.
- Chill the batter for 30 minutes. I recommend this step since the dough is sticky and you will also get slightly puffier cookies with chilling, but you can skip this step if you wish.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat non-stick mat.
- Make 2" balls and place them on the baking sheet at least 2" apart, if not more since they do spread. Bake for 11-13 minutes until the cookies are set.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them to a cooling rack (they will be very soft!). Once cooled, store cookies in an airtight container.
- I made fairly large cookies (rolled dough into 2" balls), so if you make them smaller, you can make more than 12.
- You can use the larger boxes of cake mix (18.25 ounces) for this recipe as well - it'll make approx. 16 2" cookies (keep everything else in the recipe the same). The batter will be less sticky and the cookies will be more puffy - especially if you chill the dough first.
- These are definitely very sweet cookies, so keep that in mind!
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.