This pomegranate margarita is fast, easy to throw together, refreshing, and delicious! It uses pomegranate juice, so this drink can be enjoyed year-round. Ready in 5 minutes!
Well, tomorrow's Cinco de Mayo, and I really wanted to get a margarita recipe on here before then. I rushed home after work, and now that we have more daylight here, I am finally able to take photos on a weeknight again! This is how I spend my Friday nights, folks.
Aaand then I drank one of these on an empty stomach. And then I made myself some food since I am such a lightweight. And now I'm typing up this blog post with a lot of heartburn. Getting old sucks. Good story, bro. If you see typos, you know why. 😉
As mentioned in the intro to this post, I love the simplicity of this recipe. No messing around with syrups or strange concoctions. Mind you, I still have some simple syrup left over from the mint julep I made last weekend, but that's not important right now.
Tomorrow's also the Kentucky Derby, so you could definitely have an interesting mix of drinks. 😛 Pro tip: don't mix your liquors.
I like this margarita on the rocks recipe because it's not too sweet. The pomegranate juice (I used Pom Wonderful brand) and Cointreau add enough sweetness without it being cloying.
I also like that you don't need to dirty up your blender for this easy margarita recipe. Are you Team Blended Margarita or Team On-The-Rocks Margarita?
Hope you try this refreshing cocktail!
Pomegranate Margarita Recipe
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec (I used Cointreau)
- Pomegranate juice to top up glass
- Salt for rimming the glass
- Lime wedges
- Run the lime along the rim of the glass and then press the glass into the salt to create a salt rim.
- Add the ice cubes to the glass, followed by the triple sec, tequila, and a squeeze of lime. Top the glasses up with the pomegranate juice.
- This recipe is for a 6 ounce glass. If you're using a 9 ounce glass, use 1.5 ounces each of triple sec and tequila.
- I used crushed Maldon sea salt for the rims in the photos, but you can also use specialty flavored margarita salt.
You may also like my watermelon margarita popsicles.
Leave a Reply