This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Store-bought mayonnaise definitely has its uses (I like to use it as a base for dipping sauces and dressings), but sometimes it’s nice to make your own. Find out just how simple it is to make your own easy stick blender mayo!
Making your own mayo with an immersion blender takes less than 10 minutes.
Pro tip: I’ve tried making mayo with olive oil and it ends up tasting bitter. I’ve read that if you use a really light olive oil it turns out better. I still have to try that. I’ve had luck experimenting with blending different ratios of oils together (like part olive oil and part vegetable oil). It really depends on what your taste preferences are.
Don’t own a stick blender? Get the best-selling one from Amazon.
Do you ever make your own mayo?
Easy Stick Blender Mayo
- 5 ounces vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 raw egg (best if room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- I simply put all the ingredients into the plastic blending cup that came with my stick blender and then blend it all up until the ingredients are emulsified perfectly.
- If you don't have a stick blender, you can use a food processor... just drizzle the oil in slowly.
- Keep in mind that it will only last for a few days (refrigerated) since it has no preservatives. I would definitely not keep it longer than a week.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.